Tue, Nov 07|
Westridge Studio, Highclere
Instagram Reels - Masterclass
Learn how to create engaging short videos for Instagram and use them strategically to help grow your audience.
Time & Location
Nov 07, 2023, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM GMT
Westridge Studio, Highclere, Star Ln, Highclere, Newbury RG20 9QS, UK
About the Event
Are you feeling like you are falling behind the crowd on Instagram? You won't after this workshop as I will explain WHY you should be incorporating Reels into your social media strategy and HOW to create these engaging short videos. It is much easier than you think! And yes, you can do it....
Why are Instagram Reels essential if you want to build your audience on Instagram:
Instagram launched Reels to counter the popularity of TikTok and we have seen them explode in popularity on the platform. Essentially, they are highly engaging, addictive, and an incredibly effective way to get in front of a new audience as well as engage your followers. Whether you want to share your story, industry tips or show your products it is my opinion that every business, creative, or community account looking to grow should be incorporating Reels into your content strategy.
Why you should be sharing Reels?
- Instagram has stated they are moving more towards video content - they want you to use this feature so there is potential to be seen by more people vs. traditional content
- They are a really effective way to connect with your audience and share value in a way people want to consume it
- They don't have to be complicated, once you have a plan and the know-how
- Great for building trust with your audience
- Free to create, just a bit of time!
- Highly shareable content - potential to go viral
Why you need to join this workshop!
Video content sounds daunting, but the good news is Instagram is making it easier for you to create simple short videos that your audience that will be of great value to your audience. The goal of this workshop is to make you feel more confident about creating new videos and using the tools on Instagram. I will share with you lots of ideas of the types of content to focus on for your audience and then show you how to use the editing features to create these videos. You will be shown best practices when it comes to captions, hashtags, text covers, and ideas on what audio works best.
You will leave with lots of content ideas, hopefully, more of an idea on how they fit within your strategy and more importantly HOW to use all the new tools to edit any reel you like.
In this workshop we will cover:
- Strategy - the essential starting point!
- How to use the Reels editing tools in Instagram - I will run through all the main editing features including adding music, text overlay, transitions and all those new features that have been added over the summer!
- The Reel Trends - Should you and how
- Clever editing tricks to create transitions
- Great hook and captions
- Covers - how to create an on-brand cover or use an image from your Reel
- How to optimise your Reels to get maximum exposure
- Reel ideas to try yourself!
Who is this for?
This workshop is perfect for ANYONE who currently uses Instagram for their business or a brand and would like to elevate their video-making skills using Reels. It is particularly for those who are new or are not feeling particularly confident with Reels or sure how video fits into your content. You could be a small business owner, part of a marketing team or just want to prove to your children you are not a tech dinosaur!
You'll be sent the notes from the session and a content planning template after the session.
This is the perfect opportunity to learn a new skill, meet some like-minded people and invest in yourself for the morning!
What have people been saying?
'Thank you Social Marmalade, a great morning. Now to put into practice!'
'Such a great morning! Invaluable advice on how to create effective reels. We loved it!'
'Great session, thank you Charlotte, now I just need to do my first reel.'
What to Bring:
- Charged phone with the Instagram app installed. It's a good idea to check you have the latest version of the app (check for updates)
- Water bottle
- Pen and paper for notes
There’s free parking and I’ll provide drinks/snacks
Instagram Reels WorkshopWestridge Studio
Instagram Reels Workshop
Instagram Reels Workshop at Westridge Studio, Highclere.£80.00